On March 26/27/28 I am installing a new computer system. Please send all email inquiries to Norm's computer at email@example.com so I will be able to continue to receive them. Please phone 604-524-8565 if you need help. I will call you right back as I have a great phone plan. For International calls, please leave the exact dialing protocol.
Dragonfly (the breaker of illusion)
"Today, as I was sampling Lyn's perfumes (many of which made me feel as if I was entering a whole other World of Perfume), I caught sight of the energy fractal she created for her Perfumery Course. Each time I sniffed a perfume, I would delve into another layer in this world of tones and scents. Each ring of colour in the fractal picture reflected this experience back to me as I enjoyed the aroma, colour, and form. Wonderful." M. R. Pitt River, BC
"I've loved Angel Whispers perfume for over a year now. It is utterly divine. I keep smelling my wrists... very yummy, Lyn." MM, Surrey
"Lynnie gave me a sample of her new Charmed perfume and now that is my favourite. It's a very elegant and sophisticated scent. I adore it." CE Ioco, BC
"I can't believe how wonderful Citrance perfume is! It's like citrus flowers. Wow! Thank you for this new review page so I can share how I feel, Lyn." RB, New Westminster
"Entranced perfume has really hooked me. I can't get enough of it. I don't have to apply it often as it lasts for hours. This is great. I can still smell it the next morning and I like that! Keep up the good work." EM, Vancouver
"Lyn gave me a beautiful gift of perfume and when I smelled it I said to her "oh how lovely" and then when I turned it over I was pleasantly surprised to see that the name of the perfume was Loverly. It's gentle scent is so easy to wear and I am so grateful for this beautiful gift. Thank you, Lyn." BW, North Vancouver
"I've been using Om perfume for three years and I keep coming back for more. It takes me to a place of peace and beauty. I just love it! Thanks, Lyn" GT, Surrey
"I've found Tempest perfume to be very exciting to wear. When I smell it, it's like I'm taken away to some exotic spot where I can momentarily be free just to enjoy." LI, Vancouver
“My sister Lyn allowed me to test her perfumes and I choose Wise One in a solid. I’m in chronic and continuous pain and I find that just by smelling this perfume, I feel soothed and calm. After the gift of the first one, I found my Avon turtle and I asked Lyn to fill it with the same thing, which I bought. Now I have the original compact for my purse and the little Turtle for my bathroom. I saw her new perfume website and that it has a comment section so I asked her to include my comment.” Love from Valerie, Port Coquitlam, BC
This process is so interesting because we are all so very different with various diets, skin types, likes and dislikes of smells (which are directly connected to memory... ie: if someone pushed you into a Lavender and you were stung by a dozen bees then it is unlikely that the scent of Lavender will give you a warm calming feeling.)
Conversely, if some of your best memories are of sitting around on the porch with your family, the smell of cinnamon wafting from the kitchen, and the scent of roses coming over the railing, then you'll resonate more readily with those choices.
We may also be on medications that cause some essential oils to go rank on our skin, or, due to the drugs we need to be on, some essential oils may react badly on us giving us a rash when the average person won't react at all. This is why I suggest beginning with samples.
Ever the Educator, I offer the above insights for your edification.
Comments from Samplers...
1. "Loverly is a beautiful mature scent that I know I will wear for an important evening. It has a sensual and floral essence that I think a woman with feminine class will wear.
A La Rouge Mmmmmmmm...this perfume is a milder smell than Loverly. It's got a bit of a spice or woody smell that is unique and calming. The imagery that I think of is when I'm adding basil to my pasta sauce. Something appealing has definitely been added to the flavour of this perfume. I can see myself wearing this scent regularly. My first impression is that I haven't smelled a perfume like this before. I had to smell it a few times to grasp my full experience. I guess you could say it had me coming back for more. I put this perfume on right after I reflected on its smell. ;o) DL, Vancouver, BC"
2. "... I do love the scent of Charmed perfume, it is a very nice blend, it relaxes and calms me. It lasts a few hours on me. I have yet to learn to be able to single out the scents. I couldn't smell any one scent when I wafted the bottle, it was all such a nice beautiful blend. I keep smelling myself (lol) every time I have it on. It's really soothing for me. Thank you for including me in this sampling I really appreciate it. I wish you all the best with this. CM, Edmonton, AB"
3. "Entranced! I love that name by the way. My first impression, sniffing out of the bottle, is warm, sweet, like nothing I have smelled before ... a vanilla amberish scent and there is a light powdery smell, too. Very fresh but deep intense aroma; not overpowering at all. Staying power is as good as any natural perfume I have tried if not a bit better. This seems to be a very professional blend I would not hesitate to sell. There is a woody note in here but I can't seem to put my finger on it, which is a good thing. I feel that a good blend should blend so well that all the oils take each other on in a way that it is hard to separate them out - you seem to have accomplished this! JH, Topeka, KS"
4. “Just a quick note to say your perfumes arrived safely. On first sniff, I am immediately drawn to Jazzy, the immediate whiff is fresh but immediately warms to the coriander and galbanum. The heart is a little faint but I enjoyed the spicy sharpness when moving down to myrtle. It became faint on me very quickly and I am having difficulty finding the base notes. Heavenly-again coriander (must be in the coriander mood lol) and mimosa nicely blended gives a smooth creamy top note. I like the smoothness of this one. This has somehow a more consistent ratio of top middle and base where Jazzy, after first delicious whiff, fades on me; but that just could be my makeup. I am particularly fond of Osmanthus as I find it helps pull together a perfume. I have both and where Jazzy has already disappeared Heavenly is still there and with a consistent perfume that is just now beginning to fade. Hope this helps and thank you again for so generously sending samples. With every good wish,” JH, Wales, UK
Passionate: I tried this one first. When I first opened the bottle, I did
notice a very slight alcohol smell, but that lasted just seconds, and then the
jasmine really came out. This one lasted the longest on my skin (and my mother's
as well), nearly two hours before fading away. I have a tendency to lose scent
very quickly, so two hours is very long for me. Usually, scents do not make it
an hour on me. Passionate was very smooth and velvety, light, but firm and
steady. I really love this. And my mother said it compared with the best of the
'commercial' perfumes, even though I told her these are much better! Coming from
her, that was a true compliment. She normally is wary of anything that is not
commercially produced. Angel Whispers: The Amber really stands out
for me. Very soft, feminine and gentle. This one reminds me of a spring wedding
(why? I don't know!). It did not last on me very long, only about 45 min. After
that, I could just discern a hint of vanilla. Entranced: I don't
know how to describe this. Beautiful, clear, a touch of floral, spice, very
heady. I love this! This also lasted over an hour on my skin. Slowly faded to a
nice soft touch of sandalwood. This one made my husband feel a bit
"frisky", he went crazy for this. It made me feel a bit sexy as well.
absolutely love your perfumes. They are awesome. They are not overpowering like
some and I tend to have a lot of allergies to smells. These are so gentle; they
don’t bother me at all. I love wearing the Passionate one. I really enjoy that
one. You have found your calling for sure and I hope you do really well with it,
enjoying using your wonderful perfumes Lyn! I opened the bottle of ‘Passionate’
and was immediately drawn to its gentle fragrance. It reminds me of being in
a lush garden of beautiful flowers all around. I close my eyes and just bask in
the scent of the delicious fragrance around me. I wore it that night and usually
my husband is repelled by any perfumes but he said he loved this one and wanted
to know what it is. He never asked that before!
find this one comforting and relaxing and I have even put it in my oil burner to
scent the room and make me feel like I am living with a flower garden nearby! It
has such a delicate scent; it doesn’t over power a room with its scent like
other perfumes do sometimes. On applying it to my wrist the scent lasted for me
for about three hours. I can see myself wearing this frequently as it just might
be the best combination of fragrance I have had the pleasure of experiencing.
I had my sister and mom tried it, as well. They loved it and also thought it reminded them of a pretty garden. I should have known I would like the perfume, as I am familiar with Lyn’s work and all I ever see from her is perfection. Lyn you out-did yourself this time, if that is possible!
tried the Citrance perfume. As I first sampled Citrance, I was
engulfed by the scent of cedarwood, which always reminds me of a cabin in the
woods, which brings back many happy memories. This one I used during meditation
as the cedarwood, lavender, and chamomile relaxes and soothes me. I must say, it
balances and calms me and allows me to have the most profound meditation
experiences. The scent lasted for me for about 2 hours.
My sister makes essential oils. She loved this perfume and said it is very natural and better than the over-the-counter products you see in major department stores. I’m a big fan of both of these.Linda Capobianco Flemington, NJ You can use my full name if you want. 10July2007
8. About Coastal Rains-it's my favorite so far! I love the green and fresh smell that carries through for a good long while. Green and fresh is fun for me. It finishes quite sweet on me. AO, Vashon, WA
Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.
Press & Reviews
Press Release - Wickedly Chic online magazine published the following Indie-shopping (independent business) about CdE...
Review of "Whole Notes" by The Perfume Bee
I just received my first professional review. I'm in very pleased that Christine enjoyed my perfume enough to write about it.
Last Saturday night I attended a festive evening soiree and wanted to wear a suitably dressy fragrance. I chose “Whole Notes,” a floral oriental perfume from Canadian perfumer Lyn Ayre of Coeur d’Esprit Natural Perfume.
Whole Notes has notes of: Bergamot, Linden Blossom, Pink Lotus, Mimosa, Black Currant Bud, Oud, Clary Sage absolute, and Labdanum. This beautiful fragrance turned out to be the perfect choice.Whole Notes is subtly elegant and does not overpower even on the sultriest of summer evenings. It opens with a light kiss of Linden Blossom and then deepens into the sweet, heady Mimosa and Pink Lotus notes. The woody, resinous labdanum pulls it together nicely, and contributes to a fairly long-lasting drydown.
Today, I received Lyn’s “Breath
of Gaia” perfume (based on the story of the Oracle at Delphi) and might I
say that the obvious sincerity and hard work she put into it are truly touching.
Lyn's scents are very subtle and layered, so are somewhat of a challenge for me
to review. Her research is strongly translated and I enjoyed reading the
enclosed story. “Breath Of Gaia” - how apropos. Feminine, Spirit,
Vapors. (Yes, ethylene was the gas
that came from the rock crevasse; and it was sweet-smelling.) How interesting.
Lots of florals for the femme, native Greek chamomile and cypress.